Thank you for presenting at the National Histology Conference 2017 in Hobart.
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files).
- When you register at the Hotel Grand Chancellor, either Friday evening or Saturday morning, you will be directed to the Speaker’s Preparation Room on the Mezzanine. An AV technician will load your presentation on to a central computer and network it to the Grand Ballroom for the appropriate session.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system and the screens are best suited to 16:9 ratio PowerPoint slide setup. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program.
- Abstracts and full papers will be available on the Conference Website.
- The abstracts will also be available in the Conference App (we will be emailing download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference).
- Please go to the Grand Ballroom 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair (their name will be noted in the program), AV technician and familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual setup.
During the Session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be an AV technician in the room to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions.
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. The chair will only ask a question if you have finished in time. At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).